Monday, December 27, 2010

Brandi's Holiday Party Invites




Hello All! These are some Holiday Party Invites that I created for my friend Brandi, they came out really nice and I got a lot of compliments on them. Simple and small.

Dimensions/Material/Process:
4x4in - M&MBI Specialty Paper (12x12): Black & White Flocked (Michaels/AC Moore)
4x4in - Black cardstock (Recollections: Michaels)
3.75 x 3.75in - Metallic Gold Paper (from PaperAccess, NYC. Avail online: www.paperpresentation.com)
Black 3/4in ribbon approx 12in long per card
Any perminent tape/glue of your choice
Inks: G Studio - gold, Color Box - gold (pigment inks), Black Distressing Chalk Inks (Creative Memories)
Envelopes: 4.25x4.25in - Metallic Gold (from PaperAccess, NYC. Avail online: www.paperpresentation.com)

I made 3 -4 passess of gold to the black and white flocked paper, letting it dry in between each pass and dusting off the black flock as well so it can stay nice and dark black. I when I got saturation I wanted, I cut the 12x12 paper into 4x4 blocks ( getting approx 9 invites per sheet). I then cut 4x4 black cardstock to place on back of those sheets to rid the white from it. After sticking them together, I distressed the edges with the black distressing ink to create a more vintage feeling as well as getting rid of any white as well.

I printed my info onto the gold paper (I think I got approx 4 per sheet), cut them out and then taped that onto to the black side, tied the ribbon on and Vua~la... You got a wonderfly easy and gorgeous invite. Finish it off with a coordinating envelope and send it off its Merry way to your guests.

Hope you enjoyed!! *Y*

No comments:

Post a Comment